The name of this Organization shall be Sudan Network Operator Group known as SdNOG.
The organization is affiliated with the Sudanese Internet Society as its governing body.
The objectives of this organization shall be:
- To bring together all network engineers in the region to enhance network operation.
- To enhance the quality of Internet services available in Sudan by exchanging of technical ideas and information between different companies and organizations.
- Promotion of open source software and network best practices within technical community.
- Capacity building and knowledge transfer.
Management of this organization shall be vested in an Executive Committee responsible to the entire membership to uphold these bylaws. The executive committee will serve for one year only. Officers might be re-selected up to 3 consequent times.
A board of directors consist of 4 persons will monitor the executive committee performance and be responsible of selecting their members in transparent and fair way. The board of directors get elected by the community and serve for period of 4 years. The first term is exceptionally excluded from election.
Executive Committee and Officers
The Executive Committee shall have a board of members consisting of at least 4 and no more than 15 directors. Within these limits, the board may increase or decrease the number of directors serving on the board.
The executive committee will be responsible of coordinating and supervising SDNOG activities. It constitutes of the following roles along with their detailed responsibilities:
It shall be the duty of the President to:
- Preside at meetings
- Vote only in case of a tie
- Represent the organization
- Appoint committee chairpersons subject to the approval of the Executive Committee
- Perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office
It shall be the duty of the Vice-President to:
- Preside in the absence of the President
- Serve as chairperson of the Program Committee
3. Financial Officer:
- Keep track of SDNOG expenditures.
- Prepare SDNOG budget based on the approved activity plan of the year.
- Prepare the finance reports after any activities or meetings
- Manage SdNOG sponsorship process in collaboration with other officers.
- Manage SDNOG financial resources.
4. Events coordinator:
- Plan and Manage the organization of SDNOG related events.
- Liaise with external parties for promotion and advertising.(including media)
- Responsible about the all procedures to organize an event
- Responsible about the logistics for any activity
5. Activities planner:
- Responsible about the activities programs in terms of content and trainers/ideas.
- Responsible about the conference agenda and its related PC committee.
6. Membership Officer
- Supervision of membership and the application of mailing list acceptable policies.
- Reporting of any issues related to members to the specialized person within the EC.
- Keeping track of member’s statistics and activities trends of working groups to be reported to EC and included in the annual report of SDNOG.
7. Administrative Officer
- Preparation of formal letters to external parties.
- Keep log of all official correspondences with external parties.
- Responsible of SDNOG official stamp, letterheads and group stationary or materials.
- Call for EC meetings as per president advice and keep copy of meeting minutes and make available online for community.
8. Technical Officer
- Managing the technical infrastructure of the group and setup during events.
- The interface with other external or internal parties/members for any technical issues related to the group.
- Prepare the technical reports for the group
9. Media Officer
- Responsible about the website and its content
- Responsible about the group social media and update it
- Responsible about documenting all SdNOG activities on the website and social media by writing about the event , photos, posts….etc