[sdnog] SdNOG-1

Hiba Eltigani higba6 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 17:48:48 SAST 2014

Colleagues,

On behalf of the organizing team, I welcome you to the SdNOG mailing list,
and our inaugural meeting at the Corinthia Hotel, in Khartoum, tomorrow.

   The goal of having a Sudanese Network Operators' Group has been a long
time coming.  But now, with outstanding community collaboration, we're
finally able to move this to the next step;  our first face-to-face
meeting.  The primary goal for SdNOG is really quite simple;  we as
community working together to help develop and boost our capacity.  To
achieve that, we think we need a mix of international best practice;
supported by a local community that's willing to share and learn.  That
means me, you, and our colleagues;  openly sharing and discussing things
that matter to us.  Because, without all of us there is really no community.

  We won't speak too much on how SdNOG can grow;  please join us tomorrow
instead;  we have an excellent line-up for you, for the next two days.  To
get more people face-to-face, and facilitate you talking, there's no remote
participation option for tomorrow's first meeting.  You should be here with
us  :-)

As always, you can always find more information on our website:
http://www.sdnog.sd
You can also find us on:
        Twitter:  @SudanNOG  #sdnog1
        FaceBook:  https://www.facebook.com/SdNOGPage

Of course, SdNOG is not just about the meeting;  so we'd love to start
hearing your questions, answers, and comments on the mailing list as well.

Very best regards,
--Hiba Eltigani
For the organizing committee.