[sdnog] DNS root server in Sudan

Hiba Eltigani higba6 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 23:47:49 SAST 2014

Salam,,,,
    I am not sure if you heard or not but there is a DNS root server
currently resides in SIXP thanks to PCH, Nishal and SudRen :). The server
is "e.root-servers.net" and it should mean faster queries and more
resilience in case of submarine cables cuts. So, through techniques of
anycast we should be able to use this nearby copy instead of going all the
way to Europe. I have tried to find out the order in which my PC will query
root servers and it turns out to be from A to M. So now, how can I
guarantee that my corporate DNS which is most probably based on BIND will
query the e root server first that is currently with short distant? Should
I change the order in the root servers file or there is something I didn't
pay attention to?
I appreciate your response.
BR
--