[sdnog] using RIPE atlas to check which DNS root your resolver prefers.

tariq198487 tariq198487 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 22:20:29 SAST 2014

Accordingly, three steps are required for Ethiopian to use our e_root:
1- Mohamed Osama ( SIXP admin)  should update his lists with ethiopian prefixes.
2- commuinty tags should be removed from e-root prefixes.
3- operators advertize e-root prefixes to Ethiopian.

Thanks

--
Tarig YassinHiba Eltigani <higba6 at gmail.com> wrote:Thanks for sharing. The Ethionet seems really odd but I guess since the e.root is hosted in the IXP, most probably the ISP is tagging all the routes with no-advertise community to prevent them from going to the Internet. I think it is a good practice to keep routes received from IXP inside your network but may be root servers can be the exception ;).
BR

Hiba