[sdnog] using RIPE atlas to check which DNS root your resolver prefers.

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Mon Dec 29 08:44:54 SAST 2014

On 29 Dec 2014, at 07:36, Tarig Yassin <tariq198487 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > if you want to send me the particular communities that you think that the KRT node is originating that needs to be stripped
>
> I mean "no-export" community
>
> BGP routing table entry information of 192.203.230.0/24:
>  "Community:no-export"

hrm..that's odd!
i can confirm that this is not something that we are doing  (as i explained;  it can't be anyway, since there's a middle ASN between us...)
so it's got to be something that the L3 IXP operator is doing.

this is also very wrong;  basically, it's imposing a routing policy that the route originator (in this case, PCH) did not intend.
now the ET story makes more sense (also;  this is still bad for your customer).   so yes, we definitely need to get this removed.

perhaps m.osama can help explain ?

--n.