[sdnog] SAN system

Manhal Mohammed manhal_muhamed at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:47:56 SAST 2014

hii sdnoggers its me again :)

I don’t know if there  is anyone here who is familiar with storage
systems like SAN , but I will give it a try

I would like to ask about some issues I faced on the SAN
storage system,

I have SAN storage, with some faulty hard drives, but when I
try to replace them with the new ones, the system shows me “Hard drive is unauthorized”,
I know what the problem is, It is because the new hard disks doesn’t belong to
the same Part Numbers, but my question is “how can I make it work despite the differences
in the Part Numbers, and if there any way to make it work?”