[sdnog] BCP38

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Sat Aug 29 22:42:38 SAST 2015

On 2015-08-27 23:59:56 (+0200), Esraa Gafar <isra.bt.jaffer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still excited and I've decided to dig deep into BCP38 and I've found
> a software to test if the network allows for spoofed IP packets called
> Spoofer Project.
> MY testing results were little confusing to me so I really appreciate it
> if someone explain this to me ..

You need to run this on a host with real internet connectivity.  It looks
like you're to run it behind a NAT, which can't ever work.  If you're
trying this at home on your wireless network, try plugging directly into
the internet instead.  ...unless your ISP does stacked NAT, in which case
you're sadly out of luck.

Already looking forward to the next SdNOG!

Trouble

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer