[sdnog] Terminal Server

Hiba Eltigani higba6 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 09:10:05 SAST 2015

Salam SdNOG
     We have some equipments in distant area around 8 hours (plane trip)
from Khartoum. We are using 3600 series cisco router as terminal server to
insure console connectivity. We use SSH connection to access the server,
then we access any device terminal through reverse telnet.But in 70% of the
time, when we disconnect from that device; we will loose the connection to
the server itself and we have to initiate new session multiple times to
reconnect.
So, my questions are:
- what can be the cause for that?
- is there any recommendations to enhance connection reliability to insure
it is up all the time?
- is there any comparable solutions that give the same functionality?

Thanks and have a nice day.