[sdnog] using RIPE atlas to check which DNS root your resolver prefers.

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Tue Jan 6 14:47:30 SAST 2015

On 29 Dec 2014, at 14:00, Tarig Yassin <tariq198487 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Tarig, are you adding no-export ?
>
> No we are not
> all routes via SIXP are received with 1- "no-export" 2- AS-prepend "37256 37256 42".
> --
> Tarig Yassin

thanks for clearing that up.  i wrote to the SIXP admin earlier, to ask why they're doing this, as it's clearly -not- what we want.
(the prepend, -and- the no-export are undesirable).   still waiting for their answer...

one practical alternative would be to take the prefixes that SIXP are feeding you, and re-write the attributes (in particular, strip off the no-export).
that's a lot of work though, and not something that i would normally recommend;  certainly fixing the problem at the source, is the best thing to do here.

let me try sending a reminder message...

--n.