[sdnog] Common problem in sudan | Duplex mismatch

Tarig Yassin tariq198487 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 10:21:11 SAST 2015

Hi Scott

>I have seen this on our network.

So the problem is world wide not as I expected, I thought it only here in Sudan because we are using Huawei so much.

>I use a script to look through the nightly backups (I
>get the output from various commands as well as the configs)
> to find them.

really this is a nice idea, I will try it.

> In cisco's routers:
> conf t
> int f1/0/1
> speed 100
> duplex full

Yeah this would solve most of them, but for links between Cisco & Huawei sometime it needs very weird settings, e.g. Cisco part sets to "duplex full" and huawei part sets to "auto"   :)

thanks