[sdnog] PTR and SPF records

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Mon Apr 18 07:14:48 SAST 2016

Hi,

you practically need the PTR record for an IP that wants to send emails
out to many mail servers you don't control.
Because these other mail servers are much more likely to accept the
email if you have that PTR record. which is a good practice (in my
opinion), because it's an indication that your part is well-run.

PTR and SPF are important for sending emails out. only.

MX is important for getting emails in. only.

Frank