[sdnog] Kernel panic issue

Daniel Shaw danielshaw at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:58:58 SAST 2016

Hi Ali,

As per Philip, we really need more info to help you definitively. Especially what is shown on the screen prior to that last line.

However, I'll make a guess. (I could be completely wrong).

My guess is that after the conversion, in vmware, the root disk/filesystem device name is different, and you may thus need to update the grub2 bootloader to pass the correct /dev/{$disk-name} to the kernel. And/or perhaps update your /etc/fstab in the OS.

If this *is* indeed the issue, you can achieve both these things by attaching a CentOS 6.x boot ISO to the vmware virtual CD for the VM, and booting into rescue mode.

That should give you a minimal shell and the filesystem mounted, and you can then edit the grub config and/or fstab files.

Regards,
Daniel