[sdnog] report on social media on sudan in 2015 - arabic only

Samir S. Omer samir.saif at sudren.edu.sd
Mon Jan 25 18:28:43 SAST 2016

++ and I forgot to attach the link :)
https://www.docdroid.net/INehcEz/-2015.pdf.html

Samir

----- Original Message -----

From: "Samir S. Omer" <samir.saif at sudren.edu.sd>
To: sdnog at sdnog.sd
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 7:56:07 PM
Subject: [sdnog] report on social media on sudan in 2015 - arabic only

Dears

I found this report that I think worth a read, sorry it's only in Arabic, but for those who are interested and does not understand arabic
I'll try to summarize the main points

- the report sheds some light on the social media behaviour in 2015
- it discuss the partial lifting of sanctions which enabled access to sites like Coursera, playstore, Adobe ..etc.
- a decrease in the quality and prices of internet in Sudan
- a half million cyber crime complaint was filed to authorities
- emergence of startups and e-commerce companies
- an estimated number of 500 - 700 Sudanese Blogger
- the internet penetration is 25% until March 2015 with 11 million active internet user

Regards,
Samir