[sdnog] filtering traffic on BGP

Manhal Mohammed manhal_muhamed at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:56:44 SAST 2016

hello SDNOGGERS :)
          i would like you to clear  some confusing for me  on BGP filtering traffic , what i know that if you want to filter a traffic that is coming from peer you have to set the filter for that  neighbour as (in bound) and vice versa. :/
but some one told me that if i want to filter traffic i have to consider the opposite side (the neighbour's router perspective)if it is a received traffics (for my router)  i have to apply "outbound" for the neighbour inside the BGPand if it is advertised prefixes i have to apply "inbound" for the neighbour
on my router :

router bgp bla neighbour bla.bla.bla.bla  route-map bla IN           !! if it is (advertised) prefix from me neighbour bla.bla.bla.bla route-map bla OUT  !! if it is a (received)  prefix  from that neighbour
so witch one is true :/

--Mnhl