[sdnog] ME DNS Forum 2016 | 4-5 May 2016

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Wed May 4 15:17:27 SAST 2016

On 4 May 2016, at 13:10, Fahd Batayneh wrote:

> Hi Nishal,
> Thank you for your message.
> My understanding is that some platforms are becoming available in
> Sudan, and so am still not sure if Adobe products are accessible in
> Sudan or not.

since the sdnog sysadmins let me have an account on the sdnog mail
server, i did the check for you.  here are the results.  timestamps are
UTC+3.

[mail.SdNOG:~]$ curl -i www.adobe.com
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: AkamaiGHost
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 13:02:08 GMT
Connection: keep-alive

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Access Denied</H1>

You don't have permission to access
"http://www.adobe.com/" on this server.<P>
Reference #18.95d9dd58.1462366928.1809ef07
</BODY>
</HTML>
[mail.SdNOG:~]$

> Also, are all members of the sdNOG mailing list residing in Sudan?

i’m not sure if you’re being serious, but i’ll bite…i imagine
that not all the list participants reside in sudan;  i certainly
don’t.
but i imagine that the *bulk* of the list participants are, since this
is … well … the *sudanese* network operators group … and not the
south african network operators group… (which, btw, you are all
welcome to join ;-)) [1].

and, it’s the bulk that matters, surely…

similarly, the middle east (however that’s defined) has three (3)
countries that have similar trade embargoes. (SY, SD, IR).  surely,
it’s no stretch of the imagination, to see that this (adobe) is
probably not the right platform to be using in this part of the world.
or, at least, not a platform that encourages inclusiveness.

perhaps i’m not just not caffeinated enough, in which case, i
apologise for the noise.

—n.