[sdnog] out going spam

Sahlih Shihab salih.shihab at sudren.edu.sd
Wed May 18 11:58:14 SAST 2016

Hi Frank, All
Greetings

Thanks Frank for your quick response
I do some diagnoses into my mail server, I executed these commands "
1- sudo ~/libexec/zmqstat
hold=0
corrupt=0
deferred=390
active=0
incoming=0

2- /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postqueue -p

the all output is just like

06ECE1382A8A 1524 Mon May 16 20:06:47 ahmed at xx.yy.ss
(connect to wyomingnews.com.bak-mx.smtprou...[208.43.37.100]:25: Connection timed out)
bmartin at wyomingnews.com
news at wyomingnews.com
szoellick at wyomingnews.com

3- /opt/zimbra/postfix/sbin/postcat -qv 06ECE1382A8A " which is "06ECE1382A8A " is the mesg id of "ahmed at xx.yy.ss" and I note that the x- originated-IP ip is out of my network, so it seem that some one try to send spam through this email "ahmed at xx.yy.xx".
After that I put the strange IP in our FW to block it, now how can I prevent this behavior to happen again?? And am I in the right way ??

I appreciate your help