[sdnog] Limit wifi bandwidth per user

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Tue Aug 22 20:05:45 SAST 2017

On 22 Aug 2017, at 13:20, Mujahid Abdellatif wrote:

> Dears,
>
>     how can i limit or control or assign bandwidth per user in a wifi
> solution. is there any way that i can assign for example .5 Mbps speed
> per user or assign 512 MB as a download per user on a wifi scenario?

for the sdnog meetings, we use ubiquiti unifi ac-pro wireless APs.   we
use a feature of the ubiquiti controller to do this.  this year, we
limited individual devices to 4mb/s.   of course, that’ll just work
for ubiquiti;  but other wireless vendors have similar controls.

at the hotel that some of us stayed at, the hotel was performing this
sort of bandwidth limiting using their gateway that runs pfsense.

—n.