[sdnog] Net Neutrality in Sudan

Samir Abdullatif samir.s.omer at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7 05:25:47 SAST 2017

Hi all

as you know, a big operator in Sudan recently announced free access through its network to Facebook

although that from the end-user perspective this might be a good thing for them, it' our job to spoil this for them 😊 and inform them why this might not be a good idea.

I'm not sure if we have explicit Net Neutrality laws in Sudan, but I think it's something worth discussing because although it might seem harmless, it can lead to more drastic steps in the future.

For those who don't know what Net Neutrality is:
"It is the principle that Internet service providers must treat all data on the Internet the same, and not discriminate or charge differently by user, content, website, platform, application."

looking forwards to hearing your thoughts on this

Regards,
Samir