[sdnog] ICT Budget

Henry Dola amuors at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 12:55:10 SAST 2017

How do you do
I come to you from a tertiary training institution with a student population of 5000 and I project it will double this number in the next couple of semesters. Teaching staff of 300 and about 200 support staff.
Currently am working on the annual budget and would greatly appreciate your input. I am aware that we may not all be working in the same sector but there are best practices which cut across the board and I would like to leverage on these from you.
I so far have on my list:
A data centerIncreased bandwidth presently we are doing 19MbpsA biometric kit with the projected capacity ( I am open to suggestions upto and including access point brands, specs.)Roll out wireless through out the institution. Presently doing ethernet ( I am open to suggestions upto and including access point brands, specs.)Network and Bandwidth monitoring SW

Please feel free to improve this list and add any other information and advice you deem relevant. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Henry