[sdnog] Question !!

Ahmad Yassin amyassin77 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:27:18 SAST 2017

Hi Mahmmoud,

I believe your browser is the snitch here :) The browser is aiding the
website using WebRTC, a collection of protocols and APIs designed to enable
real time communications between peers. I believe someone might help with a
more conclusive answer and maybe more ways this is done other than WebRTC,
but as a start you can read more here:

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/94783/why-is-my-internal-ip-address-private-visible-from-the-internet

Many browser extensions have implemented ways to block this behavior, my
favorite is uBlock Origin having an option to "Prevent WebRTC from leaking
local IP addresses" --read more at:

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Prevent-WebRTC-from-leaking-local-IP-address

--
Best regards,