[sdnog] graphing in cacti

Samir Abdullatif samir.s.omer at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 4 08:29:26 SAST 2018

Dear all

I seems to be the only one asking questions on this list 😝

I have an appliance which I'm graphing it's interface utilization on my cacti. however, I noticed that the traffic utilization shown from the device dashboard is around 55 mbps while on my cacti it shows around 12mbps (using the default SNMP - Interface Statistics data queries).

I'm trying to figure out why the reading mismatch. I noticed that the appliance interface are defined as gauge32 and not counter. does this effect my reading ? or this is only effecting if the values wraps around the maximum

appreciate the help

Regards,
Samir