[sdnog] Jailing in ubuntu

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Tue Nov 19 06:11:47 SAST 2019

On 2019-11-19 03:21:49 (+0800), Abdulrahman Fagiry wrote:
> What shared hosting provider uses to isolate customer's websites,  and
> how ssh to their own website works?

FreeBSD makes this really easy. :-)

If you were in any of my workshops at previous editions of sdnog, you
will have learned that setting up a FreeBSD machine with hundreds of
jails, each running nginx (and letsencrypt.org!) and sshd is trivial to
configure.

> And Can they install packages from repositories!?

You can give your customers root in their jails on FreeBSD.  They will
be able to install their own packages without affecting the host
operating system or other users.

> I have my own Ubuntu server (NGINX, with self made cp) and I want my
> users to have ssh access in their specific directory, and install
> packages for environment they need..
> I went with jailkit, debootstrap schroot and ForceCommand sshd
> configuration .. But there are alot of serious problems their.  Any
> suggestions?

Use FreeBSD. :-)

Philip

--