[sdnog] Looking to monitor the internet connectivity only

Kabantsh Alameen kabantsh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 13:33:34 SAST 2019

 They are many open source solutions work on Simple Network Managment
Protocol (SNMP) which is modeled into *SNMP server* and *SNMP agent*.
SNMP server can be :-
- Cacti
- Nagios
- PRTG
each one of them has its own agent. for your scenario i recommend nagios
which it has a better Agent software they works on multiple OS such as
Windows Linux and MAC OSX named NRPE(Nagios Remote Plugin Executer.

In your scenario
The SNMP server (Nagios Core) should be in your HQ with the range
192.168.10.0/24
And you will configure the SNMP client in the interfaces of your remote
sites
for the interfaces with the IPs
 - 192.168.20.10 PortSudan.
 - 192.168.30.10 Nyala.