[sdnog] [Paper] New IP

M Hfz m at mail.sd
Tue Dec 1 17:37:08 SAST 2020

Thank u Jan for the document.

On 30/11/2020, 5:38 PM, "sdnog on behalf of Jan Zorz - Go6" <sdnog-bounces at sdnog.sd on behalf of jan at go6.si> wrote:

    On 29/11/2020 17:23, Fahd Batayneh wrote:
    > Friends and Colleagues,
    >
    > ICANN’s /Office the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO)/ has published a new
    > paper entitled “*New IP*”; which, you can access online here >>
    > https://www.icann.org/octo-017-en.pdf
    > <https://www.icann.org/octo-017-en.pdf>.

    Hi,

    This is quite useful analysis and clearly exposes many reasons why this
    protocol should never see the light of a day, first one being
    "reintroduces circuit-switched-like principles" and also many other
    hints that should rise all the alarms in many heads.

    I can't resist to mention that New IP was already thoroughly analysed by
    RIPE Secret WG which presented a quite comprehensive report and thoughts
    at the end of one of previous RIPE meetings. Please see the the attach
    :) :) :)

    Cheers, Jan