[sdnog] Unable to contact any email address of sudren.edu.sd

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Wed Jul 1 17:30:23 SAST 2020

On 30 Jun 2020, at 19:31, Willy Manga wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to contact someone from sudren.edu.sd and I discovered
> that
> their domain is not available [1] . Do they have an alternative domain
> ?
>
> By the way, the parent zone has some serious issues as well [2] .
>

> 1. https://www.zonemaster.net/result/d05de235cd486a98
> 2. https://www.zonemaster.net/result/10ff87b3544ec282

willy, my understanding is that sudren no longer exists.   it was
folded/incorporated/absorbed into a government run project called chams,
which is meant to perform the task that sudren did i.t.o connecting
universities.

i’ve had 1-on-1 conversations with a few universities, who have not
been thrilled about the change;  primarily citing that they can’t get
access to the same support that sudren provided previously.  sudan, via
sudren, was championing IPv6 access in africa, and was at the forefront
of africa’s ipv6 deployment, as mentioned by geoff huston’s talk at
sdnog-3 (2016).  sadly, a lot of that has been undone as well.  c’est
la vie!

i am guessing that you can probably find contact info for chams in
WHOIS, if they kept this updated?

-n.