[sdnog] [Paper] New IP

Jan Zorz - Go6 jan at go6.si
Mon Nov 30 11:29:22 SAST 2020

On 29/11/2020 17:23, Fahd Batayneh wrote:
> Friends and Colleagues,
>
> ICANN’s /Office the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO)/ has published a new
> paper entitled “*New IP*”; which, you can access online here >>
> https://www.icann.org/octo-017-en.pdf
> <https://www.icann.org/octo-017-en.pdf>.

Hi,

This is quite useful analysis and clearly exposes many reasons why this
protocol should never see the light of a day, first one being
"reintroduces circuit-switched-like principles" and also many other
hints that should rise all the alarms in many heads.

I can't resist to mention that New IP was already thoroughly analysed by
RIPE Secret WG which presented a quite comprehensive report and thoughts
at the end of one of previous RIPE meetings. Please see the the attach
:) :) :)

Cheers, Jan