[sdnog] another way of visualising your stats.

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Thu Feb 3 03:28:15 SAST 2022

On 2022-02-02 20:03:47 (+0800), Nishal Goburdhan wrote:
> i know from questions i’ve been asked at sdnog, that stats/nm
> systems are an area of interest for a lot of people.  everybody knows
> about cacti, and i recall many chats about librenms.  well, here’s a
> very recent post on how you can use grafana to accomplish the same,
> using slightly more modern tools.
> https://grafana.com/blog/2022/02/01/an-advanced-guide-to-network-monitoring-with-grafana-and-prometheus/
>
> time-series captures are no longer difficult to setup;  and they can
> help to expose situations that other tools might miss.  so if NMS is
> your area of interest, this should be useful to you.

I can also recommend Prometheus / AlertManager as a slightly less
aggravating alternative to Nagios.  If pretty Grafana stats aren't
attractive enough. ;)

(But all alerting systems suck.  Systems shouldn't ever fail.  Or they
should at least be polite enough to fail when you've got time for them
and are looking at them anyway.)

Philip

--
Philip Paeps