[sdnog] DNS problem

Manhal Mohammed manhal_muhamed at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:36:30 SAST 2014

Hello SdNoggers 😊

This is my first time on this mailing list , I am Manhal
Mohammed from the National Data Center ,

I have some questions in the DNS

first one :
Our DNS design is stealth “split-horizon” , we have two NS
, NS0 & NS1 each from different ISP for availability , But NS1 is
unreachable due to networks problem, can I use the two name servers in the same
ISP ?? is that an issue to consider ? because now we are working just with one NS and this is very bad
second :
how to apply or implement some sort of security for the DNS ? like chroot , now i am not using chroot , can i use it after installing the bind and working with it ? is that will affect the DNS server , is there any risks ???
third  and last one :
is flushing the DNS cache will affect it ?