[sdnog] DNS root server in Sudan

Hiba Eltigani higba6 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 20:45:05 SAST 2015

Hello SdNOG
       So, two months after last communication and we have new root server
in SUDAN; "D" server. Thanks to PCH with help of SudRen. Now I think it is
good time to test if we are really using them with help of Nishal e-mail
below. As end users, we can test if we are getting the "supposed"closest
root DNS or not. As pointed before we can check the server using query like
( dig id.server @e.root-servers.net ch txt). My machine is showing below
results, please check yours. Also, it will help if ISPs can show if their
DNSs are now choosing the servers in Sudan or not.

C:\>nslookup
Default Server:  UnKnown
Address:  10.0.0.44

>  set type=TXT
> set class=CHAOS
> HOSTNAME.BIND 192.203.230.10
Server:  [192.203.230.10]
Address:  192.203.230.10

Non-authoritative answer:
HOSTNAME.BIND   text =

        "1.1.e.krt.pch.net"
> HOSTNAME.BIND e.root-servers.net
Server:  e.root-servers.net
Address:  192.203.230.10

Non-authoritative answer:
HOSTNAME.BIND   text =

        "1.1.e.krt.pch.net"

PS: If you are getting different results, may be it is time to talk to your
ISP ;).

BR

--
Always smile