[sdnog] Automate OS installation

Daniel Shaw dshaw78 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 19:18:47 SAST 2015

Hi,

As you found out, there are lots of options... but what is the best
choice is difficult to give a single answer to.

That is because it really really depends - different solutions support
different subsets of distributions. And for example cobbler does more
than kickstart, but also uses kickstart as part of it's process.

So the question for you becomes: What exactly is your situation?

In more detail: Do you know what OS you need to install? Is it always
the exact same one? Or are you looking for something that can do more
than one different OS? Is it to install physical hosts? Or Virtual
Machines? Or both?

If you clearly define for yourself exactly what you need to get done
in a lot of detail, and then examine the feature list of the options,
then you'll probably find a winner.