[sdnog] Links value to share "STP"

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Tue Jan 19 15:59:26 SAST 2016

On 18 Jan 2016, at 11:01, Sahlih Shihab wrote:

> Dear Sdnog
> Greetings
> The URL
> http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/spanning-tree-protocol/10556-spanning-tree1.swf
> contend a nice demonstration for Spanning Tree Protocol "STP" using
> flash, and I found its valuable to share it with you.
> If you have questions do not be shy and ask here.
> Thanks

salih,

STP is now considered an old, and outdated technology, even though
it’s still used heavily.
and it has its fair share of problems.
if you’re interested in L2 interconnection, try to lookup material on
TRILL;  those of you in the best practices class on switching during
sdnog-2 should remember that we spoke about this a bit.

as always, i’d suggest looking through the RFCs, but here’s a pretty
easy to follow presentation that helps make it a little easier to
understand:
https://ripe67.ripe.net/presentations/120-TRILLtutorial44a.pptx

—n.