[sdnog] Impact of new timezone in Sudan

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Wed Nov 1 10:43:44 SAST 2017

On 1 Nov 2017, at 1:29, Philip Paeps wrote:

> On 2017-10-31 20:39:49 (+0000), Manhal Mohammed wrote:
>> I hope if Admins can give us a feedback about their experience on
>> this after the changes "Problems and how they dealt with it "So it
>> can be a document for future cases ^_^
>
> Everybody survived?  No casualties? ;-)

when i checked in with her, list-mother Sara complained that her phone
was still showing the wrong time at around 23h30 (utc+2).  well, no
surprises there :-)

interestingly, the “common user” stuff does appear to be updated;
eg.  https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sudan/khartoum and
https://time.is/Sudan and wikipedia correctly reflect utc+2.  now,
it’s just up to OS vendors to release patches.

perhaps coming soon:  the central african republic, will switch to
central african time  :-))

—n.