[sdnog] Impact of new timezone in Sudan

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Tue Oct 31 10:19:01 SAST 2017

On 2017-10-28 21:49:51 (+0200), Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2017-10-28 18:50:31 (+0200), Philip Paeps wrote:
>> On 2017-10-24 22:15:56 (+0200), Manhal Mohammed wrote:
>>> We all know that Sudan will change its timezone from GMT+3 to GMT+2
>>> after few days  "1st of November "
>>
>> You should make sure that anything which cares about timezones has
>> the updated timezone data (2017c of tzinfo) installed:
>>
>> This hasn't landed in FreeBSD yet, but it will soon (people have been
>> prodded and worst case I can do it).  Other operating systems will
>> probably update soon too.
>
> I've updated FreeBSD-CURRENT tonight and I'll merge the update back to
> supported stable branches on Monday.  I'll try to get patches into
> supported releases ASAP too, but it might be too late to get binary
> updates on time.

I merged the change to 11-STABLE and 10-STABLE.  It's definitely too
late for binary updates though.

If your system absolutely needs correct localtime, please apply the
source patch I suggested over the weekend.

Good luck tonight everyone.

I look forward to reading some "well, nothing went wrong!" emails on the
list tomorrow! :)

Philip

--
Philip Paeps