[sdnog] Privacy Policy Analyzer

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Thu Apr 12 19:45:49 SAST 2018

On 2018-04-13 00:09:58 (+0800), Hiba Eltigani wrote:
> On the wake of FB case and data privacy, this tool looks interesting
> but its effectiveness is subject to debate. The question is whether
> users don't pay enough attention because they are not aware or they
> don't care?
> https://www.wired.com/story/polisis-ai-reads-privacy-policies-so-you-dont-have-to/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Ignorance or apathy?  I don't know and I don't care? :-)

The AI is a cute idea but there has been a web browser extension for a
couple of years that crowd-sources terms of service of websites and
summarises them for you: https://tosdr.org/.  While I don't have much
faith in humanity, I still trust them marginally more than I trust AIs.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer