[sdnog] Privacy Policy Analyzer

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:40:25 SAST 2018

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 at 21:46 Philip Paeps <philip at trouble.is> wrote:

> On 2018-04-13 00:09:58 (+0800), Hiba Eltigani wrote:
> > On the wake of FB case and data privacy, this tool looks interesting
> > but its effectiveness is subject to debate. The question is whether
> > users don't pay enough attention because they are not aware or they
> > don't care?
> >
> https://www.wired.com/story/polisis-ai-reads-privacy-policies-so-you-dont-have-to/amp?__twitter_impression=true
>
> Ignorance or apathy?  I don't know and I don't care? :-)

Let me play the Devil's Advocate  😈

How about: My personal information is the only thing I can exchange for the
ability to get technology and communications services for free that a King
of 60 years ago might not have been able to afford?

Perhaps not all of us can afford to pay for premium services, or build r
own services so we don't have to pay with personal data.

eh? ;-)

> The AI is a cute idea but there has been a web browser extension for a
> couple of years that crowd-sources terms of service of websites and
> summarises them for you: https://tosdr.org/.  While I don't have much
> faith in humanity, I still trust them marginally more than I trust AIs.

Thanks for the share Trouble!