[sdnog] Should we keep using mailing lists

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Thu Mar 26 05:37:57 SAST 2020

On 2020-03-25 18:01:28 (+0800), Samir Abdullatif wrote:
> I want to ask the community here should we consider moving from the
> mailing list to more "friendly" way of communications such discord,
> slack, discourse or any other forum tools.

What is unfriendly about email?

I don't have any of the other communications channels you mention and I
feel no burning desire to go and install any of them.

Email is the lowest common denominator on the internet.  It doesn't rely
on walled gardens and "just works".  While many people subscribe to the
new-fangled messaging platforms you list, not everyone does.  Everyone
does have an email address.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps