[sdnog] BGP Resource Management Workshop

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Mon Apr 4 19:12:09 SAST 2022

On 2 Apr 2022, at 16:45, M Hfz wrote:

> Hi
> It was very useful workshop, everyone noticed how it is important to
> update the IRR.
> We did make some changes after the workshop, it looks
> irrexplorer.nlnog.net is not updating rapidly.
> check this prefix as an example:
> $ whois -h whois.afrinic.net -r -T route -B '102.130.248.0/24'

ramadaan kareem,

irrexplorer is useful, but it’s *not* a real-time tool.
use it as a guide for things that you can fix.  not as a real-time
check!  :-)

looking at this, i *hope* that the output is incorrect.  i mean, why
would you, as AS328381, need to de-aggregate all your space down to /24?
is this a case of : someone else did it, so i don’t want to change it?

how can we convince you that deaggregation is not the path to success
you might think it is?  :-)

—n.